Thursday, September 25, 2008

Family History Key Player in Brain Cancer Risk

Title: Family History Key Player in Brain Cancer Risk
Category: Health News
Created: 9/23/2008 2:00:00 AM
Last Editorial Review: 9/23/2008

Accidents Happen

Well, I suppose that I must apologize for my most unexpected hiatus as I now have many readers anxious to read my weekly column on various health issues. As ironic as it may be, as I run a rather successful balance center, the reason for my hiatus was from a fall. I had broken my ankle tearing all of the connecting ligaments in an accidental fall, which occurred while I was watering plants in my family room. I had apparently spilled some of the water on the floor, which I later slipped on causing the injuries. So in addition to my apologies for missing several weeks of writing to you, why do I bring this up? Simple.

The lesson to be learned here is how quickly accidents can happen. Now in my case, I practice what I preach and check myself regularly for fall risk, something that takes less than a minute with the computerized equipment we use in my laboratory. However, many more people will incur injuries such as mine, which will be more than purely accidental, attributable to an untreated balance problem, making accidents like mine somewhat inevitable. This concerns me greatly having gone through this, as it is certainly no fun being incapacitated and completely reliant on others for a length of time. And the lower the level of health you are in, or the more complicating factors you have, such as diabetes, the longer that period of time will be. To complicate matters even further, many people with disturbed balance, think that they are normal because they have no way to determine otherwise without being tested. In light of this endemic disabling problem, we screen as many individuals as we can get though our doors, for free, each day.



acute sinusitis Infection
acute sinusitis Infection
allergic sinusitis treaments
allergic sinusitis methods
allergic sinusitis methods

No comments: